Tomorrow, five different terrorist groups (Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Asbat Al-Ansar) will attack five different Canadian targets (CN Tower, Parliament Buildings, Confederation Bridge, Port of Montreal, Vancouver Ferry Terminal) with five different kinds of weapons (explosives, fire bomb, nerve gas, radiation bomb, anthrax powder) at five different local times (9 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 8 p.m.). From the clues given, figure out which group is hitting which target with which weapon at what time. (Ignore time zone differences.)
1. Either A or B is true, but not both:
A. The Port of Montreal will be hit at 9 a.m. but not with anthrax powder.
B. Asbat Al-Ansar will not use the fire bomb and will not attack later than 2 p.m.
2. Four different attacks are: the one by Al-Qaeda, the one using anthrax powder, the one happening at 5 p.m., and the one at the Vancouver Ferry Terminal.
3. Either Hamas or Islamic Jihad will hit the CN Tower but not with the radiation bomb.
4. Hezbollah is hitting the Port of Montreal but not with the fire bomb and not later than 2 p.m.
5. The radiation bomb will be used at noon but not by Islamic Jihad or Asbat Al-Ansar.
6. Al-Qaeda will attack at 2 p.m. but not with nerve gas.
7. Explosives will be used at the Parliament Buildings but not before 2 p.m.
8. The Confederation Bridge will be hit at 5 p.m. but not with nerve gas.
9. The Vancouver Ferry Terminal is not being hit by Asbat Al-Ansar and not at 8 p.m.
Try another puzzle? — https://cradkilodney.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/logic-puzzle-trouble-prone-diplomats/
Copyright@ 2008 by Crad Kilodney, Toronto, Canada. E-Mail: email@example.com